From trying various kratom recipes to mixing various strains, kratom enthusiasts are always looking to experiment with new trends. You must have potentiated kratom with different herbs, be it Aquamma, Kanna, or Kava, and the results must have crossed your expectations, am I right?
What if I tell you that you have missed on something really indulging?
In the list of “top-notch” medicinal herbs, there comes a notorious ethnobotanical, Ashwagandha root, scientifically pronounced as Withania Somnifer. This herb is used for centuries in Indian Ayurvedic medicine and North African Regions.
Many individuals want to know if they can mix Ashwagandha and Kratom and how these herbs can benefit them. Here, you will get your hands on the essential details regarding both medicinal herbs.
Folks, Ashwagandha, and Kratom are unique in their own ways. According to research, Isopelletierine, Anaferine, Cuseohygrine, Anahygrine, Steroidal Lactones, and Saponins are the key alkaloids present in this attention-grabbing ethnobotanical that contribute to several health-promoting benefits. Apart from these alkaloids, Sitoindosides, and Scylsterylglucosides reduce stress and anxiety by lowering cortisol (stress hormone) levels.
Studies suggest that Ashwagandha root is beneficial for controlling blood sugar levels, infertility in men, and cancer cells’ development. Moreover, you can also use it for boosting concentration, reducing inflammation, and developing muscle strength.
In Kratom’s case, Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxy-Mitragynine alkaloids take away all the “negatives” – be it stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, pain, anti-social behavior, concentration, or mood-related issues, straight out of your life. That’s why almost 50 million people in the USA use it for recreational purposes.
The thought of mixing Ashwagandha and Kratom evokes certain questions:
- How would the combination taste?
- How much should I take?
- What should not be overlooked?
- What will be the ultimate effects?
So let’s spotlight everything right here!
Key Facts You Must Know Before Mixing Ashwagandha And Kratom
Before we proceed with the step-by-step guide to mix kratom and Ashwagandha, it is essential to know a few important facts:
- Although there are no adverse negative side effects of Ashwagandha and Kratom, you should always start with moderate dosages.
- There is no scientific evidence suggesting that long-term use of Ashwagandha and Kratom is safe. So do not take too much of the mixture for a longer period. Keep taking breaks in between your sessions.
A Step-by-step Guide To Mixing Kratom and Ashwagandha Safely
Here we land at the most awaited part of this piece about mixing these two medicinal herbs safely. Don’t forget to start low because you don’t know how your body would respond to this blend. Ashwagandha root is a known kratom potentiator, and one experiences intense relaxation, a positive mood, and happy feelings.
1) What dose should I take?
The most important part – the dosage! It would be best if you stay vigilant while measuring each dose. Ashwagandha delivers its effects when taken at 2-3 times during the day.
Hence, for ideal effects, take one dose of (100-200mg) alone before mixing it with Mitragyna Speciosa powder. If you are a regular user, 600mg of Ashwagandha will do the job for you.
2) Mixing Kratom and Ashwagandha
Now, the next step is to mix these two ethnobotanicals. Are you a first-time user? Be cautious because you do not know how your body will respond. In this case, the best solution is to go for a minor dose of Ashwagandha (200-300mg) and mix it with a moderate dose of Mitragyna powder (3-4 grams).
3) What method of ingestion should I use?
You can ingest the mixture either by brewing a tea or by the toss and wash method. Here’s a quick tea recipe:
- Take 2 cups of water, add both herbal powders, and bring it to a boil.
- Boil it for 5minutes.
- Now strain the tea.
- For an appealing flavor, you can add sugar, honey, or lemon juice.
If you want to go with the toss and wash method, here’s a quick breakdown of what you would have to do!
- Put the blend of both herbs in your mouth (Don’t breathe during this stage).
- Take a sip of water, combine the entire powder and water mixture in your mouth, and swallow.
- Now take a few more sips until nothings left in your mouth.
Note: You can also go with the mix and wash method. You would need to mix the blend of both ethnobotanicals in a cup of water. Once completely combined, drink away!
4) What effects would I experience?
You will experience the effects within 60 minutes of ingestion. Kratom and Ashwagandha potentiation will lower down your stress, pain, and inflammation. Moreover, it will boost your mood and energy levels.
For the sake of precaution, do not mix higher doses of Withania Somnifer and Mitragyna Speciosa and avoid using them for long as it is not recommended. Otherwise, you will experience side effects that include:
- Stomach upset
- High blood pressure
- Liver damage (in case of long term use of higher doses)
5) What about Ashwagandha and Kratom tolerance?
We all want to stay at bay from tolerance, am I right? Although when you take both herbs with a 1-2 days gap, tolerance won’t develop. Moreover, you can also rotate Kratom strains with Ashwagandha. That’s the best way to keep your system guessing what’s coming in.
According to a Reddit user review, if you have a developed tolerance against Mitragyna Speciosa, Ashwagandha may help you get rid of it. One of the users took Kratom alone after a long time, and the effects were three times more intense.
6) Who should not combine Ashwagandha and Kratom?
Do not use Ashwagandha if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or having any underlying condition like blood pressure, thyroid disorders, and autoimmune disease. Check the reasons below:
- Ashwagandha can induce Intra Uterine Contractions and may lead to miscarriage; therefore, one should not use it in pregnancy.
- As there is no published research on Ashwagandha and kratom’s effect on nursing babies, it is recommended to avoid it.
- Do not use these herbs if you have blood pressure, as it may interact with the medications you use.
- Our thyroid gland produces T3 (Tri-Iodo-Thyronine) and T4 (Thyroxine). The blend of Ashwagandha and Kratom can stimulate these hormones, and you may end up experiencing adverse effects.
- The mixture of these herbs is not recommended to be used by individuals who have an autoimmune disease. Ashwagandha makes the immune system more active and can worsen the symptoms.
If you are in any of the above scenarios, it’s a big no-no to use these herbs.
Ashwagandha and Kratom are leading ethnobotanicals with numerous health-related benefits. It is entirely safe to mix these medicinal herbs, and the effects are more potentiated and long-lasting. You need to be cautious about your dosage; hence start with micro-dosing if you are a new user.
Moreover, if you have any underlying condition, always consult your health care practitioner before introducing these herbs to your health regime because they may interact with your medications and cause harmful effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ashwagandha contains both water-soluble and fat-soluble compounds. The fat-soluble compounds take one month to leave your system completely, while water-soluble compounds eliminate in 48 hours. According to American Addiction Centre, kratom takes 5-6 days to excrete from our system completely.
KSM-66 is an extensively studied extract of Ashwagandha and is more potent than its root powder. It contains the highest concentration of key chemicals.
When you use Ashwanagndha and Kratom for an extensive period, they may affect your liver. The recommended use of Ashwagandha is 250-300 mg for 30 days. For kratom, experts recommend taking moderate dosages, followed by strain rotations and a few days off.
When infertile men take 5 grams of Ashwagandha with milk every night, it boosts testosterone levels, the hormone associated with sperm quality. It is an ideal herb to treat infertility in men, and there are high chances of successful fertilization.
According to a Reddit user review, both herbs’ mixture amplified the euphoric feeling, and his anxiety was no more apparent. Moreover, it increases his sex drive by influencing the T-cells.
Although both are medicinal herbs, there are marked differences between them.
|It belongs to the nightshade family.||It belongs to the coffee family.|
|The root has all the key alkaloids.||The leaves have different vein colors and compositions of alkaloids.|
|It is ideal for stress relief and inflammation.||It is ideal for pain management, boosted mood, and energy.|
|It hails from India and North Africa.||It is native to Indonesia.|