Bored using or seeing the same ages-old Kratom products? Here we will introduce another mind-blowing discovery of the Kratom world: the incredible Kratom Resins!
Getting way too curious? So, let’s get down to know what exactly the buzz is for?
This article intends to quench all the curiosity and thirst by providing comprehensive insight on the pros and cons of the product, how to prepare it at home, measure it, and use it.
What is Kratom Resin?
Kratom Resin is a sticky solid substance and one of the three common types of Kratom Extract. It is favored and raved by kratom enthusiasts across the globe for its unique appearance, unrivaled potency, and superior efficacy. Buy it now, and fall in love too!
They are hands-down the strongest and most effective kratom product to date that boast an impressive list of therapeutic applications – especially for individuals highly tolerant to kratom and other pain medications. One of their most striking features is the thick, dark, and glassy appearance and dense alkaloid structure.
They are produced when natural kratom powder or dried leaves undergo thorough processing – during which most of the plant matter is removed. This ultimately leaves us with a highly concentrated extract packed with alkaloids – the compounds responsible for inducing the remarkable kratom effect.
So, what’s the wait for? Shop online now or make them at home. Dissolve in hot water or chew and tap on all their amazing health benefits.
Now Double The Pleasure, Double The Fun With Kratom Resins!
Uses of Kratom Resins
Now, this is something most people are intrigued to know; “how to use Kratom resins”. Fortunately, there exist several ways to add it to the daily health routine. And, one can choose to get as creative as they like.
- Oral consumption only if consumers can stand the bitter taste. But, if they feel nauseous with the taste or smell, or stickiness, it is not preferred.
- Transfer them into gel caps and swallow as capsules.
- Make enhanced powder by drying it further and crushing it. However, it might take some time for the oily extracts to dry.
- Add it to foods such as brownies, peanut butter, condiments, and so on.
- One can also opt for the “mix and wash” variation of the toss and wash method. This involves drinking a delectable juice alongside chewing the Resins for a pleasant experience.
- The best of all, brew a refreshing cup of resin tea, coffee, and other beverages. Hot beverages are preferred over cold as the heat melts the kratom and lends a well-integrated mixture.
Making Kratom Resin Tea
Don’t like the taste of resins but love its impact?
Wait, we have a solution!
A perfect, piping hot cup of Resin tea in a chilly morning or evening is everything one can wish for. According to a recipe shared by Psychonaut Wiki, all it requires is following the simple instructions below:
- Bring 100 ml of water to boil.
- Add between 1 to 2 grams of Kratom resin.
- Let it simmer till the Resin melts completely.
- Add flavor enhancers of choice: honey, sugar, lemon, vanilla, or any other sweetener. Stir well.
Now sup, it slowly in small sips to get into the moment.
Benefits of Kratom Resins
So far, we know that Resin is a viable option for making kratom intake more convenient and fast-acting. Also, their versatility is well-known and well-cherished among the connoisseurs. But how exactly does it benefit users? Let’s dig deeper:
- They are much more potent and efficient
- Can relieve insomnia and sleep disorders
- Can mitigate pain and inflammation
- Can elevate energy levels
- Can improve focus and concentration.
That said, the above benefits are yet to be proven by scientific research.
Effects of Kratom Resin
Just like any other Kratom supplement, the resins too characterize both stimulating as well as sedating effects at low and high doses, respectively:
- At low doses, it will enhance mood and make one more productive at work.
- At higher doses, it will help users unwind and fall into a deep, peaceful slumber.
However, the impact is much milder and less addictive than other dangerous drugs such as opium. Also, the supplement will start working and manifest results within 15 to 20 minutes of ingestion.
Recommended Dosage for Kratom Resin
Given the potency of resins, ideally, a dose between 1.5 to 2.5 grams is sufficient to render the desired impact. For best results, try consuming 2 grams of Resin.
How to Make Kratom Resins At Home?
After getting familiar with all the wonders these miraculous resins can perform, it is natural to get enticed and learn the perfect recipe for homemade resins.
While at first, the process might sound intimidating or daunting, but once we get into the practice, it will sound reasonably straightforward and easy. It mainly involves the “set it and forget it” principle that does not require constant monitoring and can be completed with simple household ingredients.
Note: There are a whole lot of diverse recipes available on the net to cook resins. Here we have discussed the two most popular and easy ones. Regardless, a bit of trial and error will be the best companion.
- 100 grams of pure Kratom leaf powder with the strain and color of choice
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons, lime, or any other mild but non-toxic natural acid
- 3 liters of Water
- Vinegar (the higher the acid content, the better) ~5% will do.
- A freezer-safe mixing bowl, Tupperware or pot
- A Kettle or boiling pan
- Coffee filters, cheesecloth, muslin, or another fine strainer
- Access to a freezer, stove-top, and oven
- Two medium wide-base pyrex or oven-proof dishes
- Scraping tool (a knife)
- Take 100 grams of powdered kratom. Measure the quantity for accuracy using a properly marked device or apparatus.
- Pour this in a mixing bowl and add just enough water to make a thick muddy paste. Mix well.
- Add lemon or lime juice and a few dashes of vinegar. Stir thoroughly.
- Cover the top and leave it overnight.
- Pour it in a freezer-proof bowl and put it in the freezer until it solidifies completely.
- Bring a kettle or a small pot of 1-liter water to boil and add the frozen mixture.
- Squeeze in some more lemons, limes, or vinegar into the boiling mixture.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for a good 1 to 2 hours until one-quarter of the water evaporates. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Strain and keep both the filtered liquid and the unfiltered residue kratom powder.
- Pour the strained liquid into a second pan and keep simmering until half of the liquid evaporates.
- Now we are left with a wet powder resting underneath a small amount of liquid.
- Transfer both the mixture from step 12 back into the saucepan, add one more liter of Water, lemon juice, and vinegar drops, and bring to simmer until the liquid largely evaporates.
- Repeat Step 10 and 11 once more and remove from heat.
- Switch on the oven and set it to 150 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the contents of the saucepan into a wide oven dish and place it in the oven. The saturated alkaloid mixture must not be deeper than 3 cm, or else it will take ages for evaporation.
- Check occasionally around every 20 minutes to see if the remaining liquid has evaporated.
- We are finally left with a thick, concentrated kratom resin.
- Scrape the sticky, oily Resin using a knife or scraper and place it on a cooking parchment (such as baking paper) to avoid it from sticking onto everything.
Start with mixing nearly 4 ounces of kratom powder with one liter of ethanol in a mason jar. This encourages the maximum absorption of alkaloids in the solution with saturation. Next, add citric acid to maintain the pH solution at 4. Shake the mason a couple of times, and place it in a cool, dark area for at least seven days.
After a week or two, shake the jar one last time, and filter the solution with the help of cheesecloth. The powder would be left behind, leaving a liquid that needs to be further evaporated. After the liquid evaporates, we are left with Kratom resins. Scrap the surface of the tray and enjoy homemade Resin product!
Some Tips to Remember
Making resins at home is not everyone’s cup of tea. One needs to have adequate knowledge, resources, ample of free time, and above all, the determination and consistency to put in the extra effort for preparation. However, a couple of tips might help:
- While boiling, the Kratom mixture must never reach 105 degrees Celsius (221 Fahrenheit) as the alkaloids break at that point.
- Resins might get soft and sticky if kept at room temperatures. To harden them again, it is best to keep them refrigerated.
- All measurements must be increased accordingly upon increasing the quantity of kratom powder to yield a larger quantity of Resins.
How To Measure The Strength of Resins?
Step 1: Measure the weight of Kratom leaves or powder used.
Step 2: Find out the weight of the Resins. Since these are too oily to be put directly on the scale, take an empty container and weigh it. Next, place the resins in it and weigh it again. Subtract this reading from the empty container’s weight to determine the original weight of the resins.
Step 3: The extraction factor is essentially the ratio between the weights of kratom powder and resins. This will tell us how potent and effective the Resin is. So, the basic formula is:
Weight of Kratom / Weight of Resin = Resin’s strength.
For instance, if we take 100 grams of powder and successfully extracted 25 grams of resins from it. So 100/ 25 = 4. This means that each gram of Resin is equal to 4 grams of powdered kratom. Hence, we got 4x kratom resin extract.
Kratom Resins is the all-new addition to the Kratom family that has infatuated the entire Kratom Community within a short time of its invention (thanks to its potency and efficacy). It is a highly concentrated extract that comes in the form of a condensed paste.
Not yet familiar with the product? Hopefully, the detailed insight given above will help readers determine whether resins are a suitable form of supplement for them or not.
They are best used as tea on an empty stomach, and the effects will surface within 15 to 20 minutes of intake and lasts for up to 5 to 10 hours. One can either choose to shop it online from a reputable brand or prepare it from the convenience of their home. Ready-made resins available in the market mostly come labeled as “5x” or “10x”. The figures refer to the concentration of alkaloids present in the Resin by weight compared to the raw Kratom powder. Hence, 5x or 10x essentially implies that the resins are five or ten times more potent than the base powder. However, the potency of homemade resins is relatively difficult to measure. Not to mention the time, effort, and patience that goes into its preparation.
That said, it is worth mentioning that Kratom resins aren’t for everybody! For these reasons, we strongly recommend that new users stick to the more conventional ways of enjoying kratom such as capsules, plain Kratom Tea, extracts, and so on.
Any statements or claims made in the article are not evaluated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Prolonged or excess consumption of resins can be addictive and might trigger side effects such as dry mouth, constipation, appetite loss, weight loss, insomnia, or anorexia.
The product is not intended to cure or prevent any disease. It is not meant for use by pregnant, nursing, or diabetic patients. Keep out of reach of children and do not ingest when operating heavy machinery or while driving. Do not exceed the recommended dosage, and always seek advice from a medical practitioner before incorporating any new supplement into the daily health regimen.